If you haven’t tried our mobility class with Chris on Thursday evening, you’re missing out on the best class of the week. Mobility drills provide a ton of great health and wellness benefits, and doing mobility regularly will help you be better at CrossFit. But just incase you’re not convinced, we compiled our list of the top ten reasons you should be going to mobility class.
1. By doing mobility you prepare your body for your workout, so you are able to improve your performance. You can lift more weight over a longer period of time.
2. Mobility helps you have better body positioning when training so you have far few injuries and resulting aches and pains.
3. If you do have an injury, mobility helps you recover faster and prevents you from getting reinjured.
4. Mobility provides muscular freedom from tissue adhesions. These adhesions occur because of trauma or injuries throughout life, so we all have them. But without myofacial release- what we do in mobility class- your muscles are bound and restricted from their normal range of motion. Sounds painful, doesn’t it?
5. But speaking of pain, mobility work helps reduce the delayed muscular soreness that comes after workout.
6. Mobility drills help improve your flexibility, and who doesn’t need to be more flexible?
7. Chris asks about personal training plans and goals and will tailor exercises to the specific needs of the class. Plus, he’ll even give you individualized homework if you want it.
8. Mobility improves our proprioception- or our ability to sense our own body. This includes the ability to sense the position and movement of our limbs and trunk. So if you want to be a better at CrossFit, you need to improve your proprioception.
9. Ahhhh. It’s relaxing and helps relieve stress.
10. It’s FREE and Chris is an amazing coach.